lil_hulk: (Bright sun)
[personal profile] lil_hulk
Jay had resources. Well, maybe just one resource, but it was a good one: his lawyer Mom. While Roxie occasionally popped up at the mansion, nobody really knew where she lived. That might have been by choice, but it was not particularly wise in Jay's estimation.

So, up to the penthouse dragon's den he went. He had gotten his mother to get information on all legally filed paperwork she had access to. He knew where she lived. Being that he was visiting the Roxstar, he decided to bring three large pizzas with him. As she wasn't around the mansion much, he had no clue how she was eating. He also had a few movies with him.

Now, to get up to her door and hope she was actually home and not beating a centaur or something. Jay shifted the pizza boxes on his arms and started into the building he had the address on.

Date: 2012-06-03 02:17 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Windblown Listen)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
Jay would have found an elevator that went directly to the penthouse - Roxie's penthouse.

Fancy digs for a woman in her very early twenties.

He would've been buzzed straight up, and Roxie was waiting for Jay by the elevators. She was dressed in her workout gear, her hair pulled up into a high ponytail.

There was an awkward smile on her face when the elevator doors dinged open.

Date: 2012-06-03 02:30 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Listen)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
Roxie chuckled a small little chuckle. "For a second, I was worried that you were...someone I didn't want to see," Roxie replied. She stepped aside and indicated that Jay should enter the penthouse. The savoury scent of pizza wafted into Roxie's nostrils and she breathed in deeply.

It smelled good, and Roxie'd just had a nice, two-hour-long workout session, as was evidenced by the thin sheen of sweat that covered her lithe, athletic form. Her stomach rumbled in answer to the scent of the pizza.

"I have water, iced tea, Diet Coke, and cranberry juice." The latter was generally for the vodka cranberries she liked drinking after a long day of kicking ass and taking names.

Date: 2012-06-03 02:44 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Windblown Speak)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"I didn't exactly post up my address on Facebook," Roxie said lightly. "But I'm glad Mrs. Walters-Wingfoot was able to pull the information up from...wherever these legal things happen," Roxie added. "A friendly face is good to have around." It wasn't Carol who Roxie was hiding from. Carol had actually been the only person to come to Roxie's little housewarming party. Carol and Ares.

And her brother, Alex, who Roxie never really got to see enough of.

She led Jay into the kitchen and handed him a ginormous bottle of water from the fridge. She pulled out a bottle of peach flavoured Izze for herself and then hopped up onto a barstool near one end of her kitchen island.

"How are you doing?" She knew about May, of course.

Date: 2012-06-03 03:22 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Default)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
Roxie hopped off of her stool and went over to a nearby cupboard. She pulled out a couple of plain white plates, an unopened jar of jalapenos, a container of parmesan cheese, and a container of red pepper flakes.

She laid them out on the counter and pulled out a slice of pizza laden with meat and vegetables.

"I dropped out," Roxie said after a long moment. "Of college. Well, a leave of absence, really." She smiled at him. "But good on you for graduating. And...I appreciate it," Roxie added. "I'm...dealing." She couldn't say she was fine because that would be a lie, and she knew that Jay would know that.

No one who was fine would do what she'd done.

Date: 2012-06-03 03:40 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Solemn)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"I'm not tossing you out," Roxie said. "I've never been that kind of girl." It was true. She'd even let Vincent keep their old apartment. No questions, no payments, nothing. "And I know. We've all...well. We've all been through something, but..." She trailed off for a second, furrowing her brow. "This was different, Jay."

Date: 2012-06-03 03:48 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Worried)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
Roxie dumped a good amount of jalapenos over her slice of pizza. She pursed her lips and thought for a long moment. "I'm starting to feel like a broken record about this," she said. "But..." She frowned gently. "I'm just questioning a lot about myself now. Call it a giant karmic bitchslap."

Date: 2012-06-03 04:40 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Crossed Arms Side)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
Roxie finished off her first slice of pizza in four large bites.

"I haven't danced since before..." she shrugged. "I know you were joking. And, something like that." She reached out and took another slice of pizza. "I've done a lot of stuff, Jay. Partying. Drinking. Sexing up total strangers." Drugs, though she'd never really admit that one to anyone, considering that she was a hero. "And suddenly, the Kree wanted me, the one woman who would willingly sleep with anyone, to jump start their line of alien babies." She sighed shakily. "People have told me that it's not as though the Kree knew what type of woman I was before they took me but..." she furrowed her brow. "Why not just kidnap someone else, whack them with the Psyche-Magnetron, and then turn them into their brood mare?" She shook her head. "I mean, we wouldn't have allowed that to happen, but...am I making sense?"

Date: 2012-06-03 04:56 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Stare)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"That's the question, isn't it?" Roxie asked. "Doesn't Moonstone have a Moonpebble running around somewhere?"

Date: 2012-06-03 05:15 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Disbelief)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"Besides my mom? No one. But that doesn't..." Roxie sighed. "Under any other circumstances? I would have gladly jumped Bruce's bones. I've always thought..." she shook her head. "Never mind."

Date: 2012-06-03 05:21 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Default)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"Don't tell my mom that," Roxie replied with a slight smile. "She might go into shock." She took a slice of pizza and chewed thoughtfully. "Inappropriate," she said. "What I was going to say."

Date: 2012-06-03 05:32 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Solemn)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"I've just always had a slight thing for Bruce. That's all." She brushed back a lock of her hair. "Tell no one. I wasn't his type then, and now...I'm just not interested in dating."

Date: 2012-06-03 05:44 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Default)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"I know. The one guy on the team who would never actually give me the time of day." Or night, but she wasn't in the mood to joke.

"I'm fine. Been keeping myself busy. Lots of mythological monsters need fighting." She tilted her head. "How about you? How're you with...everything?"

Date: 2012-06-03 05:56 am (UTC)
avengingwarbird: (Default)
From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird
"And I wasn't a lady," she said, her mouth twisting into a wry smile. "Not that I ever tried."

"Was this the MGSH you got from the Kreenapping debacle?"

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 06:13 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 06:24 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 06:32 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 06:48 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 07:06 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 07:12 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 07:24 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 07:35 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-03 07:48 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-04 08:33 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-04 11:19 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-05 03:06 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-05 03:24 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-05 03:42 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] avengingwarbird - Date: 2012-06-05 04:44 am (UTC) - Expand

Profile

lil_hulk: (Default)
Jay Walters-Wingfoot

December 2015

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 3rd, 2026 05:18 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios